Choosing an elementary school for your child is one of the most important decisions you’ll make as a parent, and finding the right fit can be challenging. At St. Alexander School, we hold students accountable to high standards of behavior and performance. Our faculty works in partnership – a “shared mission”- with the family, something that Catholic schools are committed to doing. Below are just a few reasons St. Alexander School should be the choice for your family.
- Our Mission Statement and Philosophy focus on providing a safe, educational environment of spiritual growth and academic excellence—preparing our students to become adults who are socially responsible, morally sound and economically independent citizens
- We are Christ-centered through the teachings of the gospels. Our students learn to give back by giving of themselves – to classmates, to the school, to the community at large.
- In 2005, St. Alexander was recognized by the U.S. Department of Education as a National Blue Ribbon School. To date, we have maintained this status with students scoring well above the national average.
- The results of standardized Terra Nova tests indicate that St. Alexander students score significantly above the national average in all subject areas and in all grades.
- We have a caring, diverse, supportive faculty with fifty-two percent holding advanced degrees.
- We have been on the cutting edge of Technology, allowing students to explore practical applications of real-world technologies. Digital Design, Flight Technology, Heat and Energy and Robots are just a few modules available to our students.
- All teachers utilize Smart Board interactive whiteboards, ipads, and ELMOS to create technology-enabled, interactive learning environments for the students.