Student Council 2019-2020
September Favorite Football team
November Fall Colors (Benefit Military Packages)
January White & Blue (Benefit St. Michael’s Teacher- Sisters Of St. Francis-Mount Assisi)
February 18 Red & Pink Top
March 17 Green & $1 Crazy Socks (Benefit Down Syndrome)
April 21 Rainbow/Tie Dye (Benefit Juvenile Diabetes)
May 19 Sunglasses/Hawaiian
Charities donated to with 2018/2019 collections:
Catholic Charities of Chicago
Misericordia Heart of Mercy
St. Vincent De Paul
Student Council Responsibilities & Duties
The Student Council gives students leadership experience. The Student Council is composed of an Executive Council and Classroom Representative(s) for each homeroom. All Junior High students are encouraged to participate in the Student Council to develop leadership qualities.
The Student Council Officers will be chosen by the current Student Council and Teacher Moderator (Mrs. Dombrowski) through an application and interview process. Officers include President, Vice President, Secretary, Treasurer and Spiritual Director. The Teacher Moderator will choose the Classroom Representatives for grades 7th & 8th from student council applicants and classroom Representatives for grades Pre-K through 6th from applicants in the 6th grade.
Some responsibilities of the council include:
- Attend all student council meetings. If you miss a meeting, you must submit a written excuse. Three missed meetings will result in being released from the Student Council. (Meetings will include at least one monthly meeting during lunch/recess and one monthly after school meeting.)
- Lead All School Prayer at the end of the day.
- Help to plan and conduct school prayer services, school service project activities, and sponsored events.
- Planning dress down theme days and other sponsored events.
- Assist grades PreK-2 with recess activities on assigned days.
- Staff and Maintain the School Store
Duties for Elected Officers
President: Calls the meeting to order and keeps meeting to its order of business Handles discussions in an orderly way States each motion before it is discussed and before it is voted upon. Puts motions to vote and announces outcomes. May appoint committees when authorized to do so
Vice President: Assumes the role of President if the President is absent Writes ideas on the board and tallies votes
Heads Publicity Committee
Creates agendas for meeting
Takes notes at every meeting and write minutes Submits minutes to Teacher Moderator
Reports Sports results and other information over PA System Treasurer:
Collects and counts all money collected
Heads Special Events Committee
Spiritual Director Starts and ends meeting with prayer
Heads Mass/Prayer service Planning
Duties for Classroom Representatives
- Represent assigned classroom for Grades Pre-K through 6th at Student Council meetings.
- Report important information back to the assigned classroom.
- Assist with end of day prayer, masses and prayer services.
- Organize and maintain paper recycling for all classrooms.
- Assist Student Council officers as needed and serve on committees.
- Gather Sport and other information (such as Good News) for PA announcements